God has plan (part I)

Just like others, I, as a new student, was an idealistic person, you know, someone who was really proud of being part of that very cool university and she would make this kind of plan for her study life: study, organization, scholarship, good GPA, graduate on time. One might add his own target like joining PIMNAS, obtaining medal from any competition, graduating earlier with full GPA, or anything else. (I added "being cool" as target :3)

I remember when new student orientation time, we were asked to make a road map of our life, started from then (freshmen year) until limitless. So, I made those plans I have mentioned above for my university life, then I planned to take master degree abroad, have experience in working, and then get married on my 25th (I had no plan after got married :v). I was an optimistic person who was sure that everything would go on my way if I put efforts on them. But the reality came cruelly.

Organization? yeah, I've joined some and really got those that people called "soft skills". Study? well, I had just understood many CS courses when I was already at my 4th semester lol. Scholarship? I only achieved once (on my freshmen year) and got several rejection. Competition? so hard to force myself to save time for this stuff. I only joined maybe 3 or 4 times and never won. I never joined PKM although I wanted since no one asked me to join his team and I had no experience at all in scientific writing so I might not make my own team (curhat, Mei?). And I'm thankful someone made me did a web design project last year so at least I had a thing to fill in my portfolio haha.


I have got many experiences from almost 3 years of my study life. Joining student exchange program was never in my plans. In 2012, I knew my high school senior was granted a student exchange scholarship. I thought it was cool although I didn't know him in person. The next year, I heard a news from another senior of mine who also got the scholarship. Curiously, I questioned him about what actually he had got. We knew each other so he told me quite complete information. And I got interested. Studying abroad was always my dream. You know that I put in on my plan even it was not for my undergrad life. Months later, I attended an overseas scholarship seminar. Alone. Honestly, I came because my friend was one of the committees and she wanted the event got a lot of participants. Yet, I got worth information from the inspiring speakers. They were alumni of scholarship abroad and they shared their experiences when applying and during the mobility. I thought it was exciting. I started to think that I should improve my English and got a TOEFL test. But it was just such an impermanent desire since I didn't do it :v

October 2013, my senior was already at Europe. He posted in a facebook group that Erasmus program was already opened their call for application and he let anyone asked him for any information of the program. I was quietly interested but I thought it had not been the right time to apply since I didn't have any preparation. I even had not understand about the courses I took and that made me think twice to get myself in exchange program. I didn't want to embarrass myself, and my university, and my country as well haha. Yet, I noted the information, just in case I changed my mind in the other day. And it became true.

to be continued.... (too sleepy to continue my writing. good night)

Comments

Popular Posts