Barang ajaib bernama Moka

I never really liked coffee before. I enjoyed cappuccino but never said yes for espresso. I remember that my bro has been loving coffee since we were kids. Once, I was curious how it tasted so I asked mom to make one for me but I ended up only having a gulp. Since then, I never really tried to have any 'black coffee' until one day, several months ago, a friend of mine gave me 'Lampung coffee' and I tried to make a cup of this coffee. Well, since I used to drink coffee at a cafe or make the 'instant one' in sachet which I needed just to mix it with hot water, I never really knew how to make coffee properly. So, I did to same way to make that coffee. I poured the powder (without knowing the certain dose) and some hot water. And it was terrible. It was more like a-bitter-powdered-thing than a drink. So, I finished it by throwing it away and declared that I could never deal with with espresso :DD

this pic was taken from here

However, everything has changed after I found a magical thing named "Moka". It is an aluminium thing looks like "mini ketel" that I can find in every locker of my flat mates'. It is used to produce coffee by passing boiling water pressurized by steam through ground coffee [Wikipedia]. Why I call it magic? Because it's really easy to use it. So, moka consists of three parts (or layers). The bottom is where you put water, the next part (on top of the water layer) is where you put the coffee powder, and the top part is where you can get your coffee after you put the moka on the stove for some minutes. It works like a steamer. When the water gets boiled, it will evaporate and the bubbles of steam will go up and mix with the coffee powder and reach the top part and result the ready-to-drink coffee.

Since I know how this thing works by asking some of my Italian mates, life gets easier. There is no more coffee-puddle in my cup :") I can enjoy my morning caffè latte or just normal espresso (I add some sugar of course) and save 40 cent that I used to spend on vending machine to buy cappuccino or macchiato at university. I do behave more like Italian now, don't I? :))

Comments

  1. aku jadi inget, pak anif punya barang itu yang versi mininya, sering dibawa2 kalau lagi ngajar bareng keluar kota, gak pernah dibagi sih, dan aku juga gak pernah minta ._. ternyata itu italian banget ya :)) mesti nyobain deh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya yaan berguna bgt itu. Mau tak jadiin oleh2 buat mamaku haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts