KKN day 27: Children

With SD 1 Blunyahan students

We're done with one of our primary program which is about healthy behavior for elementary school student. The program was initiated by 3 units of KKN (kind of community service at my college) in Sewon. When I was asked to choose what role I wanted in this event, I surely chose the student guide since I knew that role would accompany the kids during the event. It was maybe my 3rd time being a committee of a children event and I really loved to see their smile even though it was not easy to handle them.

During this community service, I've met many children in my location. Basically, they are friendly and have much curiosity. They are happy to listen to our story and to include us into their activity. Children I met today were similar. They were 15 happy creatures in red training costume who actively ran here and there and talked about A-Z. The boys were a bit naughty (they even laughed my unability of Javanese!) but still obeyed the command. The girls were calmer and looked like want-to-know-more kids since they kept attention to the event.

First lesson learned by getting along with kids is that they like to get your attention. But be careful with one who wants it much and becomes annoying. Next is that they remember your words more than you think they are. I, at first, often told them nonsense like "let's do it tomorrow morning" and then got the fact that they actually came to our place after Subuh so that we had to cancel our daily schedule (re: sleep) to keep the promise. Since then, I always keep my words. And last lesson is that you should be able to control your emotion. Yes, children are annoying. But, remember that they're not your siblings either whom you can easily argue with. Being angry at them will only get you into trouble that you may be scolded by their parents as well :v

Below is pic taken from the event today. I want to show my brother that I'm not a grumpy person! (yes, he means it), See, I also can get along well with them, right?

Comments

Popular Posts