Flashback 2015

Honestly, I'm still a bit sad of losing my phone at the end of this year. Most of pictures I took in this entire year were there. Only some of my travel pictures remain since I have transferred them to my HDD last week. Yet, I still want to recall all the occasions occurred to my life in 2015. Here we go...

1. Internship at PT PGN Persero

Two friends of mine (Nana and Deffi) and I did this should-be-like-a-real job during the semester break in January - February. We worked at the IT Division of the company. We did learn and analyze the needs of IT for enterprise generally and for that gas oil company in particular. I still can remember how nice and welcome the staffs there were, Bu Teti, Mba Rini, and other people that I hardly remember their names ._. (excuse my ignorance, please). It was a nice job but just not-so-me. Perhaps, I should figure my dream job out.

We rented two small rooms in the center of the capital city and experienced how hard it felt to work and live in that city. Let's say, we did experience getting onto the bus at after-work hour which was so crowded that we could hardly move. Or have you ever heard that Jakarta has very terrible flood during rainy season? It happened once when the rain didn't stop pouring for 3 days. The flood came to many parts of the city, including our company area. So, the company was closed and everyone was asked to go home and we had no choice but walking through the water that had been already as high as my thigh.

Working for 9 hours per day from Monday until Friday will make you desire the weekend very much. And spending 2 days for rolling on your bed is a bad idea. That's why we decided to visit some places in the city (Monas, some museums, Istiqlal, etc) during weekend. We even managed to visit Bogor and tasted the famous 'roti unyil' :D

Dear Nana and Deffi, if one of you read this, please send me one pic or two to be featured on this post. xx

2. Involved in communities

No matter how hard I try, I can't stand not to involve in non-academic activities. I met my new family from Youth Finance Indonesia. Actually, I had no idea about finance and stuffs. But from them I learnt a lot, not only about finance literacy itself but also about volunteering to share and to invite people (especially youth) to learn what finance literacy is. Those are things that I would have ignored if I hadn't joined this community. And I want to let you know how proud I am to be part of SAKA UGM. I didn't perform any dance this year due to my college activities, but I had a chance to see and to teach a great number of students who wanted to be part of this awesome group dance. Being their member since 2013, I couldn't be more proud to see their achievements this year.

3. My first start-up experience

In the 6th semester, I took management project course that taught by Pak Mardhani. We were required to build a start-up to solve a certain issue. The members of the group were randomly chosen. Luckily, I worked with other 6 (+1 additional) persons who I had known well. But unluckily, I became the project manager. The experience was amazing. We did learn not only how to provide a problem solving technically, but also how the future prospect it would have in the sense of business.

So, my team and I built a web-based platform for youth people where they could find positive activities and event. We named it NOMAGER, from word 'No' means 'no' and 'Mager' which is an abbreviation of 'Malas Gerak' (Indonesian) or sort of 'lazy'. We looked for some communities in town to be partner with us. Every week we managed a regular team meeting to talk about the concept, progress, and strategy for this so-called tiny company. We built the system, promoted the idea to find costumers, looked for partners, competed with other team (let's say Pak Mardhani was the investor), and the final step was to launch our product in an exhibition organized in our faculty. At first, I wasn't really confidence with our idea and the product itself (it still needed much developments). But when I introduced our product to people, they appreciated it and looked interested. I know you understand how it feels when your hard work paid off :') Now, I'm still thinking what I will do to the future of this product :)

NOMAGER Team feat. Pak Mardhani


4. Two months community service

Also known as KKN (you can see my posts in July and August), my university obliges the students to do a community service in rural area for 2 months. I did it from July till August. I was part of KKN Sabang for one month until I got a very surprised gift in this year (read my 'God Has Plan' posts), so then I decided to leave those very kind group of people for certain reasons and to join any group that would be located around Yogyakarta.

Eventually, I joined KKN Bantul, Kampung Manggung in particular. During those two months, I think I got along well with children more than I did with the old people. Language did matter, you know. While my friends could handle to socialize with the oldies, I preferred teaching the kids Rampoe Dance. I got amazed by how they could memorize the movements and did the sing as well in a short time. And I was very proud of them when we could perform it in front of people twice: on the village Tirakatan night stage and on a cultural stage we organized. They gave us bracelets and sweet letters as farewell gift. And sometimes one of the kid still calls me via LINE Messenger while she doesn't know that I am now miles away from her :') I must visit the village again once I return to Jogja!

Suasana pondokan tiap malam. Rumah ini memang milik bersama :)

Anak didik saya :))

Geng sakti kampung manggung, teman hidup 2 bulan


5. Erasmus+

This is the best achievement I earned in my entire life. You can read my 'God Has Plan' posts to know the whole story.




6. My furthest travel from home

This is not about the distance. I'm talking about time I've spent apart from home. If you read my previous posts, you must agree that I spent no longer than 10 days at home in this year. My record so far and hope it will be the worst.

7. My furthest travel

Yes, now I'm talking about distance. You know, people said that the advantage of living in Europe is that you're able to walk with no boundary. I've been living here for almost 4 months and have visited (still) 4 countries and more than 15 cities so far. Every time I travel, I always get new lesson. But mostly, it's about how grateful I must be to be given this kind of life :) I hope I can write all my travel stories on this blog before I forget (if I have free time :p)

Brugge, Belgium

Venice, Italy


8. Highest productivity

I feel like I did a lot of improvements this year. I joined more than one competitions (and won two of them! yay), taught web design, did some college projects, learned more computer-science-related topics, learned languages, finished 11 books (still far from my target tho huft), wrote more blog posts, cooked for daily meal (proud!!), and please stop me before I brag more unimportant things :)) Actually, I just want to check some resolution lists I made at the beginning of this year. Remember this post? I'm kind of a goal oriented person. I'm not saying that I only focus on goal instead of the process, of course I appreciate the process way more. What I mean is that I make a goal before doing something so that I know how much effort I must make to reach that goal. And now I remember that I haven't made my super resolution 2016. Shall I?

***

If you notice, you can see that the description of each point becomes shorter and shorter :)) I'm tired of recalling all of the things and sorting which one I should feature on this post since everything seems to be precious for me and I want you to know all of them, but you must be bored of my stories. Oh, I'm such a bad writer.

At last but not least, within this post, I want to say how grateful I am to have this priceless year, surrounded by good people, given the health and opportunities to do good things. I hope that next year, when I write this kind of post, I won't write the same story. I must write a better one, both the story and the way I write :D

Happy new year 2016.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts